- Children and Teenagers:
- Spring 11
- Autumn 10
- Spring 10
- Autumn 09
- Spring 09
- Spring 08
- Autumn 08
- Autumn 07
- Autumn 06
- Spring 06
- Autumn 05
- Spring 05
- Autumn 04
- Spring 04
- Autumn 03
- Spring 03
- IATEFL Voices
- Other publications
||Children and Teenagers, Spring 04: Bilingual Education
Members of Young Learners SIG can click the image to download the complete issue. Non members can join here
Members who have forgotten their username or password please see here
- Childspeak! ( or Infant Multilingual Acquisition)
From Switzerland, Bettina Ribes-Gil describes the initial process of language learning for a multilingual child.
- Young Learners and Bilingual Education: Some lessons from Brunei Darussalam
In Brunei, Dr Gary M. Jones discusses the development of bilingual education with reference to Jim Cummins’ BICS/ CALP theory, then suggests a way forward.
- Bilingual Education: a view from The Netherlands
Stephen Smith, a trainer, Lisette Bentzelven a teacher, and two teenage pupils give the ups (mostly) and downs (a few) on bilingual education.
- In Praise of Bilingual Education - a note from India
From India, Arvind Gupta presents his perspective as a writer and teacher of bilingual pupils.
- Teaching Science through English, learning English through Science
In Spain, Sarah Phillips offers ideas for teaching science experiments to bilingual learners.
- A Major Strategy for Teaching Grammar to Teenagers
Mario Rinvolucri puts forward ‘grammar’ lesson plans to motivate teenagers
- Presenting Work that Moves
Liz Jones gives ideas for using ICT with bilingual pupils.
- Highlights from the YL Internet Discussion List
October 2003 - January 2004 by Wendy Arnold
- News from the Net
- Assessing Young Learners: Sophie Ionnou-Georgiou & Pavlos Pavlou Oxford 2003
Reviewed by Annabelle O’Toole